24GB HBM3 memory
24GB HBM3 memory
It's constructed on Micron’s 1β (1-beta) DRAM course of node, which permits a 24Gb DRAM die to be assembled into an 8-high dice inside an industry-standard bundle dimension.
A 12-high stack with 36GB capability will start sampling in Q1 2024.
The system’s performance-to-power ratio and pin pace enhancements meet the intense energy calls for of AI information centres.
The improved energy effectivity is feasible due to advances resembling doubling the through-silicon vias (TSVs), thermal impedance discount via a five-time enhance in metallic density, and an energy-efficient information path design.
Micron is a accomplice in TSMC’s 3DFabric Alliance to assist form the way forward for semiconductor and system improvements.
As a part of the HBM3 Gen2 product improvement effort, the collaboration between Micron and TSMC lays the muse for a easy introduction and integration in compute techniques for AI and HPC design purposes.
TSMC has obtained samples of Micron’s HBM3 Gen2 reminiscence and is working with Micron for additional analysis and assessments for the next-generation HPC software.
The Micron HBM3 Gen2 resolution addresses growing calls for on the planet of generative AI for multimodal, multitrillion-parameter AI fashions. With 24GB of capability per dice and greater than 9.2Gb/s of pin pace, the coaching time for big language fashions is diminished by greater than 30% and leads to decrease TCO.
Micron’s providing unlocks a big enhance in queries per day, enabling educated fashions for use extra effectively. Micron HBM3 Gen2 reminiscence’s efficiency per watt drives information centre price financial savings:
For an set up of 10 million GPUs, each 5 watts of energy financial savings per HBM dice is estimated to save lots of operational bills of as much as $550 million over 5 years.
- T-Mobile will start automatically moving some customers to pricier plans
- Nvidia’s Jensen Huang tops “most popular CEOs” survey, check out the best and worst approval ratings
- Google recently mitigated the largest DDoS attack ever, peaking at 398 million requests per second
- Illuminating errors creates a new paradigm for quantum computing
- Alternative method cuts time for computer simulation of absorption spectrum from days to hour
- MYTH #2: e-mode devices have no Qrr
- AI energy demands could soon match the entire electricity consumption of Ireland
- Self-healing phone screens could be here by 2028
- Increased power density for POL converters with smallest buck regulator modules
- New 800V N-channel depletion mode MOSFET supplied in modified SOT-223-2L package