64bit Arm MCU gets a PCIe interface for 5G wireless modules
RZ/G3S can stand-by for 10µW, run Linux, and provides a PCI Express interface “that enables high-speed connectivity with 5G wireless modules”, said the company. “Additionally, the device boasts enhanced security features such as tamper detection to ensure data security.”
Processing comes from a 1.1GHz Arm Cortex-A55 core and two 250MHz Cortex-M33 ‘sub-CPUs’.
“Users can distribute the MPU’s workloads to sub-CPUs, allowing the device to handle tasks such as receiving data from sensors, controlling system functions and managing power,” said Renesas, adding that the device can stand-by with a sub-CPU operating for 40mW.
For fast Linux start-up, DRAM data is retained by DDR self-refresh.
Peripherals include Gigabit Ethernet, CAN and USB.
To increase reliability, ECC (Error Correction Code) is supported on both internal memory and the external DDR interface.
Renesas has prepared a fork of Linux for the IC.
“The VLP [verified Linux package] based on the industrial-grade CIP [Civil Infrastructure Platform] Linux is available for the RZ/G3S,” it said. “With VLP, developers receive over 10 years of maintenance support, ensuring long-term protection against security threats. The device also provides tamper detection along with secure boot and secure debug.”
Renesas’ RZ/G series of 64bit MCUs
Level 2 PSA Certified is planned, and IAR is supporting the root-of-trust with its ‘Embedded Workbench for Arm’ development tool.
Use is also foreseen in smart meters and tracking devices.
Find the RZ/G3S product page here
- Advantages and applications of Aigtek power amplifiers
- Microchip further expands its mSiC solutions with the introduction of 3.3 kV XIFM plug-and-play mSiC gate drivers,
- What is NAND type Flash memory?
- Data leaks can sink machine learning models
- What does the AC voltage regulator indicate when it is overvoltage?
- Adjustable voltage stabilized power supply circuit diagram based on LM317
- Demystifying Qualcomm Domain Controller Level 1 Power Design: Power Supply Design and Computation
- EU consumers challenge Meta paid service as privacy ‘smokescreen’
- Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Perform complex motor drive and interactive control testing with the MDA8108HD Motor Drive Analyzer