Addressing skills shortage at electronics manufacturing technician level
Organised by a global association and leading industrial companies, this first-of-its-kind event addresses skills shortage. The companies include:
IPCs are recognised as the worldwide standards authority for electronics manufacturing. Advanced Rework Technology Ltd (ART) is a leading independent provider of IPC-certified and bespoke training services for the electronics assembly industry. Nano Electronic Services Ltd is an independent expert in the electronics industry, providing hardware and software design services and test solutions. Grinsty Rail Limited, a specialist in the design, manufacture, and service of electrical equipment in sectors including the railway industry, hosts the event.
There is a massive skills shortage across many industries in the UK and globally, particularly manufacturing. We have forgotten that whatever is designed must then be made. This workshop aims to encourage people to find out more and for local electronics business to promote their facilities and vacancies.
The workshop will include:
Several speaker sessions will talk people through the industry so they can see the available opportunities and how they can benefit from a career in electronics.
An onsite soldering workshop where attendees can learn to solder a small LED board they can take home.
Job fair where local electronics businesses can showcase themselves and promote any available vacancies.
Grinsty Rail will also host a tour of its facility to showcase itself to the local community.
The workshop is free for attendees, who will receive a light lunch and refreshments during the day.
- What is the difference between normal power supply ripple and noise?
- Bad Q4 for mobile network investment
- How will FPGA affect AI in 2024?
- Things to consider when synchronizing oscilloscopes A brief analysis of the causes of timing errors between oscilloscopes
- Is the smaller the charger ripple the better?
- ST ToF 3D LiDAR module has 2.3k resolution
- Innovative hybrid case design and partial packaging of TCI power series
- The most comprehensive and latest overview of the automotive sensor field and its complete industry chain
- How to set the 1A limiting current in the overcurrent protection circuit?
- ISSCC: Passive tag drinks Wi-Fi and spits Bluetooth