Could AMD use IFS?
Could AMD use IFS?
Su advised the Nikkei on the weekend that AMD will “take into account different manufacturing capabilities to make sure that we now have probably the most resilient provide chain.” Su burdened that no such transfer was presently deliberate.
The one different foundries for vanguard fab are Samsung and IFS (Intel Foundry Companies) and Intel has stated that its course of know-how will overtake TSMC’s in 2024 when Intel’s 18A course of is scheduled to maneuver into quantity manufacturing.
If that occurs, then Su may discover it vital to make use of Intel’s processing functionality to compete with Intel within the x86 market. Not less than AMD would know it might be getting an x86-optimised course of!
A extra doubtless transfer for AMD, if it strikes away from TSMC, could be to Samsung. In Might, Samsung stated that the yields of its 3nm GAA course of are between 60-70%, which can be greater than TSMC’s yields on its 3nm finfet course of that are stated to be round 55%.
One of many the explanation why Qualcomm is claimed to have left TSMC for Samsung for its Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 and Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chips is claimed to be the development in Samsung’s 3nm yield.
Su says she can be open to utilizing TSMC fabs outdoors Taiwan – as in Arizona – however first manufacturing at TSMC’s Arizona fab has been delayed till 2025 by when the fab’s 4nm course of will most likely be two generations behind the forefront.
- T-Mobile will start automatically moving some customers to pricier plans
- Nvidia’s Jensen Huang tops “most popular CEOs” survey, check out the best and worst approval ratings
- Google recently mitigated the largest DDoS attack ever, peaking at 398 million requests per second
- Illuminating errors creates a new paradigm for quantum computing
- Alternative method cuts time for computer simulation of absorption spectrum from days to hour
- MYTH #2: e-mode devices have no Qrr
- AI energy demands could soon match the entire electricity consumption of Ireland
- Self-healing phone screens could be here by 2028
- Increased power density for POL converters with smallest buck regulator modules
- New 800V N-channel depletion mode MOSFET supplied in modified SOT-223-2L package