Expanded range of conductive foam grounding/EMI shielding gaskets
The Chomerics Division of Parker Hannifin has introduced two new versions of its SOFT-SHIELD 4850 multi-planar electrically conductive foam EMI shielding gasket: the more cost-effective SOFT-SHIELD 4840 for high-volume grounding applications; and SOFT-SHIELD 4860, a halogen-free EMI shielding gasket for usage in high-temperature systems.
SOFT-SHIELD 4840 is an electrically conductive foam for grounding in environmentally controlled applications. The optimal dispersion of conductive silver-plated nylon fibres embedded within a low-density urethane foam matrix indicates that this material is electrically stable over many closure cycles, experiencing a low compression set (<15%).
The product is ideal for high-volume applications such as consumer devices and industrial electronics, providing a more cost-effective alternative for customers. It needs lower compression force but delivers slightly lower conductivity (higher through resistance). The product has an operating temperature range of -40C to +70C.
SOFT-SHIELD 4860 is a true multi-planar electrically conductive foam for indoor applications. Based on the unique integration of electrically conductive silver-plated nylon fibres – this time dispersed in a low-density silicon foam – it is the high-temperature, halogen-free version of SOFT-SHIELD 4850 and provides an operating temperature to 125C. This performance-driven EMI shielding solution is also electrically stable over many closure cycles, experiencing a low compression set of less than 10%.
These new products provide Z-axis electrical conductivity, low closure force, non-nickel bearing material, and compliance with RoHS, REACH and UL 94-V-0. While SOFT-SHIELD 4840 delivers good through-resistance of <150mOhm, SOFT-SHIELD 4860 provides excellent through-resistance of <40mOhm (both at 30% gasket deflection). Similarly, the typical shielding effectiveness of SOFT-SHIELD 4840 is 60dB, while SOFT-SHIELD 4860 is 95dB (both from 20MHz to 10GHz).
Possible applications for the new products include high-volume consumer electronic devices (SOFT-SHIELD 4840); LCD/PDP large screen televisions (SOFT-SHIELD 4860); servers, desktop PCs and laptops; I/O panels, backplanes, connectors, access panels and rectangular/square-strip gasket seals; telecom infrastructure rack and enclosure components; and applications requiring UL94 V-0 flammability rating.
The products are available with or without a conductive pressure-sensitive adhesive in bulk rolls, cut sheets or custom die-cut shapes.
- What is a GTMS connector? What are the applications of GTMS connectors?
- What is the difference between normal power supply ripple and noise?
- Bad Q4 for mobile network investment
- How will FPGA affect AI in 2024?
- Things to consider when synchronizing oscilloscopes A brief analysis of the causes of timing errors between oscilloscopes
- Is the smaller the charger ripple the better?
- ST ToF 3D LiDAR module has 2.3k resolution
- Innovative hybrid case design and partial packaging of TCI power series
- The most comprehensive and latest overview of the automotive sensor field and its complete industry chain
- How to set the 1A limiting current in the overcurrent protection circuit?