Intel releases mobile, desktop, and edge processors for enthusiasts and mainstream users
The new Intel Core HX and U series mobile processors bring powerful Intel Core platforms to enthusiasts and mainstream mobile systems, expanding the product portfolio for mainstream desktops and edge systems.
Intel unveiled the 14th generation Intel Core mobile processor family at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, USA. As the new flagship product in this series, the Intel Core i9-14900HX boasts 24 cores, providing an exceptional performance experience for mobile enthusiasts.
Intel has introduced the complete 14th generation Intel Core desktop processor family with power ratings of 65W and 35W, suitable for mainstream desktops, all-in-one computers, and edge devices.
The new Intel Core mobile processor 1 series includes the Intel Core i7-150U processor with 10 cores and 12 threads, reaching a turbo frequency of up to 5.4GHz.
At the CES in Las Vegas, Intel released the all-new 14th generation Intel Core mobile and desktop processor series, including the powerful new HX series mobile processors and mainstream 65W and 35W desktop processors. Additionally, Intel launched the new Intel Core mobile processor 1 series, led by the Intel Core i7-150U processor, designed for high-performance mainstream ultrabooks.
The 14th generation Intel Core processor family brings extraordinary performance and outstanding platform features to enthusiasts and mainstream PC users. The HX series processors deliver outstanding mobile experiences for busy enthusiasts. The latest generation 65W and 35W desktop processors enable mainstream desktop users to enjoy high-efficiency performance and powerful platform features.
While Intel introduced these new mobile and desktop processors at CES, Intel’s partners also presented a range of systems featuring Intel Core processors. Whether PC users are looking for the powerful capabilities of the 14th generation Core processors in enthusiast-grade, mainstream mobile, and desktop products, or new AI PCs powered by Intel Core Ultra processors, Intel provides computing solutions to meet diverse needs.
The 14th generation Intel Core HX series brings outstanding performance experiences to mobile enthusiasts.
The all-new Intel Core 14th generation HX series mobile processors are designed for gamers, creators, and professionals to provide outstanding computing performance and excellent laptop portability. In the new Intel Core HX series processors, the i9-14900HX features 8 performance cores and 16 efficiency cores, delivering excellent connectivity performance and impressive single-threaded and multi-threaded performance. Additionally, the efficiency cores of the Intel Core i7-14700HX processor have increased by 50%, achieving a leap in creative performance.
Highlights of this new processor series include:
- Turbo frequencies up to 5.8GHz, improving gaming and multitasking performance.
- The i9-14900HX processor has a maximum of 24 cores (8 performance cores and 16 efficiency cores) and 32 threads.
- The efficiency cores of the i7-14700HX processor have increased by 50%, reaching 20 cores (8 performance cores and 12 efficiency cores) and 28 threads.
- Overall support for up to 192GB of DDR5-5600MT/S memory.
- HX series processors have excellent overclocking capabilities, supporting Intel Extreme Utility (XTU) and Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP).
- HX series supports the new Intel Application Optimizer (APO), increasing game support by 6 titles (total of 8) since the release of the 14th generation Intel Core in October 2023.
- Thunderbolt 5 provides 80Gbps bidirectional bandwidth, offering up to 120Gbps bandwidth, three times that of Thunderbolt 4, for exceptional display and data transfer experiences. It also supports Thunderbolt 4 with 40Gbps bandwidth and can connect multiple 4K displays and accessories.
- Outstanding wireless connectivity, including integrated support for Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) and optional support for Intel Wi-Fi 7 (5 Gig), providing gigabit-level speeds in more scenarios comparable to wired connections.
- Latest Bluetooth connectivity, supporting Bluetooth 5.4 and Bluetooth 5.3, providing exceptional performance for simultaneous connections to multiple Bluetooth devices.
In 2024, over 60 laptop models featuring the Intel Core 14th generation HX processor will be launched, allowing mobile enthusiasts to experience superior gaming, creativity, and mobile office performance.
From desktops to edge devices,
The all-new 14th generation Intel Core mainstream desktop processors deliver powerful performance in real-world scenarios.
Intel has expanded the 14th generation Intel Core desktop processor family, enabling mainstream PC users and various vertical market enterprises to experience the outstanding performance of Intel’s latest generation desktop processors in a new way. The 18 new processors cover a comprehensive range, providing users with the performance they need for daily gaming, creativity, and work, along with the expected platform features of Intel.
The latest Intel desktop processors bring:
- Turbo frequencies up to 5.8GHz, with a maximum 37% improvement in multi-threaded performance and a maximum 7% improvement in Microsoft Office performance compared to the previous generation.
- The i9-14900 processor has a maximum of 24 cores (8 performance cores and 16 efficiency cores) and 32 threads.
- The i7-14700 processor adds 4 efficiency cores, reaching 20 cores (8 performance cores and 12 efficiency cores) and 28 threads.
- Overall, support for up to 192GB of DDR5-5600/DDR4-3200MT/S memory, backward compatible with current Intel 600 and 700 series chipsets.
- Continued support for in-box cooling solutions, providing Intel Laminar RH1 and RM1 coolers.
- New generation wireless connectivity, supporting Intel Killer Wi-Fi 7 (5 Gig) and Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+).
- Continued support for PCIe Gen 5.0, Gen 4.0, and Thunderbolt 4 with 40Gbps bandwidth. Additionally, support for integrated USB 3.2 to provide up to 20Gbps transfer bandwidth.
The complete range of Intel Core 14th generation desktop processors is now available online and offline. PC users can find processors suitable for their needs at various price points, meeting the requirements for daily gaming, creativity, and office tasks.
At the edge, by integrating more cores within the LGA socket, these processors can handle powerful AI and compute-intensive workloads. From interactive whiteboards in school classrooms to detailed medical imaging displays and control automation and robotics in factories, the Intel Core 14th generation processors enable various vertical industries to achieve innovative results in a more energy-efficient, secure, and effective manner.
Intel Core U processor 1 series provides high-efficiency performance and powerful features for mainstream ultrabooks.
The latest Intel Core U series mobile processor family meets the expectations of mainstream mobile PC users for thin and light laptops, achieving a balance between efficiency and performance on ultrabooks. This new mobile processor series also retains the platform features that PC users expect from Intel mobile processors.
The all-new Intel Core U processor 1 series offers:
- Turbo frequencies up to 5.4GHz, with the Intel Core i7-150U processor having 10 cores (2 performance cores and 8 efficiency cores) and 12 threads.
- Overall, support for up to 96GB of DDR5-5200/DDR4-3200MT/S memory.
- Support for Thunderbolt 4 universal connectivity for work and entertainment, providing 40Gbps bandwidth support for connecting multiple 4K displays and accessories.
- Support for 8 PCIe Gen 4.0 and 12 PCIe Gen 3.0 channels, available for the latest solid-state drive storage.
- Support for the latest Bluetooth 5.4 and Bluetooth 5.3, including low-power audio for immersive, high-fidelity PC audio experiences. It also supports the new Bluetooth Auracast broadcast audio feature for audio adjustments, personal audio sharing, and better use of hearing aids and new hearing services.
Laptops featuring the Intel Core U processor 1 series will be available in the first quarter of 2024. At that time, Intel’s partners will disclose more details.
- Microchip further expands its mSiC solutions with the introduction of 3.3 kV XIFM plug-and-play mSiC gate drivers,
- What is NAND type Flash memory?
- Data leaks can sink machine learning models
- What does the AC voltage regulator indicate when it is overvoltage?
- Adjustable voltage stabilized power supply circuit diagram based on LM317
- Demystifying Qualcomm Domain Controller Level 1 Power Design: Power Supply Design and Computation
- EU consumers challenge Meta paid service as privacy ‘smokescreen’
- Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Perform complex motor drive and interactive control testing with the MDA8108HD Motor Drive Analyzer
- ‘Iron Man’ pilots race in jet suits against a backdrop of Dubai skyscrapers