SK hynix turns a profit in the fourth quarter, HBM3 revenue increases 5 times
South Korean memory chip giant SK Hynix showed strong growth momentum in its fourth-quarter financial report released on December 31, 2023. Data shows that the revenue of the company's main products DDR5 DRAM and HBM3 have increased by more than 4 times and 5 times respectively compared with 2022, becoming the main force driving the company's revenue growth.
In terms of specific financial data, fourth-quarter revenue increased by 47% year-on-year to 11.3055 trillion won, far exceeding analysts’ expectations of 10.4 trillion won. Gross profit increased by 9404% year-on-year to 223 million won. Gross profit margin has rebounded for three consecutive quarters and remained at the 20% level. Although the company is still in a state of net loss, the net loss was 1.3795 trillion won, which was significantly narrower than the previous quarter's loss and better than analysts' expectations of a loss of 0.41 trillion won. EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) increased by 99% year-on-year, showing that the company has made significant improvements in operating efficiency and profitability.
SK Hynix said that with the recovery of memory chip market demand, the company achieved a turnaround in operating profit in the fourth quarter of 2023. The company has been facing operating losses since the fourth quarter of 2022, and this turnaround marks a significant improvement in the company's operating conditions.
Looking forward, SK Hynix expects capital expenditures to increase in 2024, but the increase will be kept to a minimum. The company will continue to adhere to its business strategy in 2023, focusing on producing high value-added products, improving profitability and efficiency, and focusing on stabilizing business operations.
SK Hynix achieved strong performance in 2023 with strong revenue growth, with DDR5 DRAM and HBM3 becoming the main force. The company will continue to focus on the production of high value-added products to achieve sustained and stable development and improve profitability.
Review Editor: Huang Fei
#hynix #turns #profit #fourth #quarter #HBM3 #revenue #increases #times
- Bad Q4 for mobile network investment
- How will FPGA affect AI in 2024?
- Things to consider when synchronizing oscilloscopes A brief analysis of the causes of timing errors between oscilloscopes
- Is the smaller the charger ripple the better?
- ST ToF 3D LiDAR module has 2.3k resolution
- Innovative hybrid case design and partial packaging of TCI power series
- The most comprehensive and latest overview of the automotive sensor field and its complete industry chain
- How to set the 1A limiting current in the overcurrent protection circuit?
- ISSCC: Passive tag drinks Wi-Fi and spits Bluetooth
- Domestic new generation laser gyroscope driver series functional chips come out