The difference between digital circuits and analog circuits
Natural signals that can be seen everywhere are analog signals. Analog signals are continuous in time and value. When drawn, they are a continuous curve, which can completely "simulate" natural signals.
Digital signals are discontinuous in time and value. There is "sampling" in digital signals, and the value of a digital signal can only change at the sampling point. There is "quantization" in digital signals. Digital signals used in digital circuits can generally only take 0 and 1.
Simply put, circuits that process analog signals are analog circuits; circuits that process digital signals are digital circuits.
Circuits that process analog and digital signals at the same time, such as digital-to-analog converters and numerically controlled oscillators, are called digital-analog hybrid circuits, but if forced to classify them into two categories, they are generally classified as analog circuits.
As for what original parts are used to build it, it doesn’t matter. MOSFET, BJT and even vacuum tubes can be used in both digital and analog circuits. In integrated circuits, analog circuits and digital circuits are integrated on the same chip, and they use basically the same original components.
Most of the common circuits are digital circuits. Because large-scale digital circuits are much easier to design than large-scale analog circuits, analog circuit computers have been eliminated very early. Today's analog circuits generally focus on input, output and power modules, such as wireless/wired transceivers, clock generation circuits, bandgap reference sources, etc. The arithmetic circuits are basically all completed by digital circuits.
Review Editor: Huang Fei
#difference #digital #circuits #analog #circuits
- High-speed current impact test system facilitates efficient testing of new energy vehicle wiring harnesses
- Area array CCD structure diagram and working process analysis
- Input-output relationship and circuit application diagram of voltage follower
- How to keep driving heavy loads when the voltage drops?
- Novel theory-based evaluation gives a clearer picture of fusion in the sun
- What are the disadvantages of IC temperature sensors?
- Control transformer overcurrent protection, grounding and applications
- What is the difference between chip packaging and SMD?
- Design and application of dry multi-channel priority amplifier
- Can igbt directly replace thyristor? What will be the impact of IGBT directly replacing thyristor?