The localization rate of chip EDA has exceeded 11%, and the local EDA market continues to expand.
I recently learned at a forum in Shanghai that Chinese chip EDA companies have shown amazing growth since 2016, from the original 10 to more than 120 now. This shows the rapid development of China in the chip field.
At the same time, the localization rate of domestic chip EDA has also increased significantly, from 6.24% in 2018 to 11.48% in 2020. It is expected that China's local EDA market will continue to expand in the next few years, and the average annual compound growth rate is expected to exceed 14%, which is much higher than the growth rate of the global market.
Although China is the country with the largest electronic component production and sales market in the world, the domestic EDA software market has long been dominated by overseas companies, accounting for more than 85% of the market share. Domestic EDA software only accounts for a smaller part, and the self-sufficiency rate is very low. This shows China's weak links in the chip industry chain.
To change this situation, China has taken a number of measures. In the "14th Five-Year Plan" Software and Information Technology Service Industry Development Plan released in 2021, China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology clearly stated that it will strengthen the development of industrial software and fill the shortcomings of key basic software, including electronic design automation software (EDA).
Professor Zhang Wei, Dean of the School of Microelectronics at Fudan University, said that chip EDA technology plays a core role in the integrated circuit industry. Under the current situation, it has become one of the most critical and challenging links in the development of China's integrated circuit industry. Although China has initially established a domestic EDA ecosystem, this ecosystem is still relatively fragile. He emphasized that a more open and cooperative attitude is needed in the future, especially that all links in the EDA ecological chain require joint efforts from all parties in the industry chain to promote further development of the industry.
Review Editor: Huang Fei
#localization #rate #chip #EDA #exceeded #local #EDA #market #continues #expand
- Advantages and applications of Aigtek power amplifiers
- Microchip further expands its mSiC solutions with the introduction of 3.3 kV XIFM plug-and-play mSiC gate drivers,
- What is NAND type Flash memory?
- Data leaks can sink machine learning models
- What does the AC voltage regulator indicate when it is overvoltage?
- Adjustable voltage stabilized power supply circuit diagram based on LM317
- Demystifying Qualcomm Domain Controller Level 1 Power Design: Power Supply Design and Computation
- EU consumers challenge Meta paid service as privacy ‘smokescreen’
- Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Perform complex motor drive and interactive control testing with the MDA8108HD Motor Drive Analyzer